Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Adventures of Mademoiselle Baudelaire and Monsieur Duval: Joyeuse St. Valentin!












Polkadots today!












A simple and enjoyabe day for myself and Monsieur Duval, I put together a modest lunch for the two of us, and we went off to the bush for a picnic down by the river!



Pouched eggs with a little salad, noodles with vegetables (red + green capsicum, mushroom, pumpkin, corn, peas + snowpeas, and our homegrown little tomatoes from the garden) seasoned with a little soy + chilli, rice crackers with a lovely French garlic cheese, and self-saucing lemon pudding. The orange-coloured beverage is cordial: banana, mango and orange! (It's delicious, I don't really like modern cordials in general, but this one my palate has taken a liking to.)


While Monsieur Duval cast a line in, I saw an interesting plant, quite like the cherry tomate plant we have at home, but not really something I should touch - Monsieur assures me the plant in the bush was quite poisonous! I took a picture, though it is a little hard to make out:













Monsieur's lovely dog decided to drag a dessicated dead carp fish out of the scrub, to say the least, it smelt more than a bit ripe! We decided it was time to go home, but we had a great time!

I hope everyone else had a lovely day, whether celebrating the anniversary of a Christian ( who loved his wife very much)'s death at the jaws of a lion (well, via the hands of the Romans)...or just having a Saturday!

1 comment: